who's in a bad mood? who's in a taxi?
turning the clock back
avoiding the fight with this man he is meeting
stands in the lobby
counting his questions in the neon light
sinking under the river
sewer line touches
the edge of the suburbs
back to the beach
where a family is waiting
on rumours of summer
lay out a blanket bring something to feed the birds
with all the luck you've had
why are your songs so sad
sing from a book you're reading in bed and took to heart
all of your lives on lend reading in bed
===========================================================
To tell the truth, I really don't understand what this song is about. I think this entire album is about life in North America, starting with "Our Hell", "Doctor Blind" , then this song. My uncertainty in whether this will be my last few months here in Canada may have something to do with it, or it could also be my constant reaffirmation of being a Canadian that's causing me to interpret this album as what I think it is. We live the good life here in Canada, where things make sense and the environment is clean. Where there is an overabundance in freedom of choice but all our outcomes seem destined from the start. We are kept from the cold; there might be entire seasons of rain, but there are no earthquakes, no sweltering summers, and when we do get some sunshine it stands out not only because of its preciousness. Yet comfortable as I am here, happiness is an entirely different matter.
With all the luck I've had (and I'm a pretty lucky guy, am I not?), why are my favourite songs all so sad?
2008年2月2日 星期六
Emily Haines - Reading in Bed
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
2 則留言:
Why are your favorite songs all so sad?
I cannot understand what this song is talking about, but the lyrics did catch my attention:)
Oh, why did I leave an English comment?
XD
next time i should write an entry entirely in japanese, i'd like to see how u'd comment then
or errrr, i guess you wont be commenting then =S
張貼留言